Hollin Hills Pool
Summer 2021 Operating and Safety Procedures
Following the regulations set out by Virginia Executive Order 78, the Virginia Department of Health, and the Fairfax County Health Department, the Hollin Hills Pool will enact the following procedures and rules to operate for the 2021 season, specifically in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic. All Hollin Hills Pool members must follow these rules, which are subject to change pending further guidance from government organizations.
Overall, the pool will strive to balance the desire for fully vaccinated members to resume normal pre-pandemic activities with the needs of families of young children who are not yet eligible to receive a vaccine, and other members who are immunocompromised. We ask all members to take a courteous, common-sense approach to every visit this summer, and be respectful of the fact that we have fellow pool members who cannot be vaccinated and/or are still at risk of serious illness due to COVID-19.
Enforcement of these COVID-19 safety rules and procedures falls to the membership, not the Pool lifeguards. Lifeguards must focus on water safety and pool operations.
- Members should not use any facilities at the Hollin Hills Pool if they have a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19. If you have been in close contact with someone with COVID‐19 in the prior two weeks, we ask that you not come to the pool until you have received a negative test result.
- Members are strongly encouraged to practice safe social distancing when they know or suspect they are interacting with other members who are not fully vaccinated, especially in eating and drinking areas.
- Per the CDC and Virginia Executive Order 79, individuals over the age of 5 who have not been fully vaccinated should wear a mask while on pool grounds. This applies to all pool grounds – deck areas, bathrooms, playground, pavilion, pool house, eating areas, etc. Please refer to this guide from the CDC for further information. Exceptions include while swimming, eating , drinking, or others listed in Executive Order 79 found here.
- Parents – children should not wear masks when they are playing in and out of the water at either pool. We do not want your children accidentally jumping into the pool while wearing a mask. Please save mask-wearing for when they are resting, lounging, or otherwise playing away from the water.
- All pool members must wear masks in the bathrooms, as these are close quarters and we have no modern ventilation. Parents, please monitor your children’s use of the bathrooms – playing in the showers is not permitted. If we see members abusing this policy, we will revert to emergency-use only (no changing, shower at home, come wearing bathing suits and swim diapers, etc.).
- Unvaccinated individuals 5 years of age and older must wear masks when checking in and on the boardwalk. We strongly encourage all members to wear masks for check-in and while on the boardwalk.
- Guests are allowed at the pool during adult only and open swim blocks as well as at parties.
- Pool-sponsored social events can be held, and party reservations are allowed.
- All guests and party attendees must adhere to all rules of the pool, including those spelled out in this document.
- Eating and drinking are allowed in the designated eating areas, and grills and sinks will be available for use.
- The playground area will be open.
- The pool house will be open.
- Children age 12 and above may be at the pool without a parent or supervising adult as long as they have emergency contact information on file.
- All other rules of the pool apply. Please read them here.